It seems that CNBC anchor Erin Burnett is receiving a lot of guff for an article she wrote for Men’s Health entitled “8 Ways to Impress Me.” The problem? The entire list — that’s right, all 8 items — consisted of ways that would-be suitors could spend money on her.
Here is the list (this is the real, unadulterated list, by the way, the jokes, such as they are, come later):
1. Pack Your Bags. Any guy who can plan a trip to an exotic locale, such as Mongolia, Mozambique, or Papua New Guinea, would impress me.
2. Buy Me a New Atlas and Globe — You could unlock my heart by allowing me to dream up my next trip. I love to travel, and hope to eventually set foot in 100 countries. I have many more to go.
3. Do Something Special for My Parents — Family is important to me, so round-trip business-class tickets to Australia and New Zealand for my parents would earn you big points in my book.
4. Relax Me — Yoga keeps me calm, so I’d be impressed if you thought to send a yoga instructor to my apartment for private sessions.
5. Help Me Work Out — Finding an exercise bike at my door would be great for rainy days when my Raleigh M80 mountain bike and I are stuck indoors.
6. Edify Me –Reading is a passion of mine, so a gathering with a couple of my favorite authors, especially Jared Diamond (Guns, Germs, and Steel) and Robin McKinley (The Blue Sword) would make for an exceptional evening.
7. Please My Palate –Hiring a personal chef to prepare meals for the few nights a week I am home would be unforgettable.
8. Send Me Packing –A man who recognizes the importance of my time with the girls is a keeper. A long weekend spa getaway for my sisters and me would be perfection.
In the spirit of Erin Burnett, the Kamper has compiled a list of things that the ladies could do to impress me. I’ve used some of hers and come up with a few of my own. (Don’t get the wrong idea though, ladies — this list is strictly for educational purposes; Mrs. Kamper is the only one I kamp with!)